Comprehensive Network Security Solution for Your Enterprise
Digital businesses today are taking customer and employee engagement to the next level by delivering global access to applications and services. These services and applications offer a consistent experience, regardless of the device being used to access them or the location they are being accessed from. The users and applications distributed across the globe cause threat to network security.
This is where a new model of networking and security that matches the requirements of digital enterprises comes in. But before we begin, let’s understand the challenges that bother the enterprises.
General IT & Network Security Challenges that Enterprises Face
- Multiple Vendors for Network and Security Services: Often, enterprises must rely on multiple service providers. Having different teams to go to makes the process complicated and adds to the time required for implementation and coordinating between the vendors for various activities. Besides, to ensure security is compliant with the networking requirements, both teams must be on the same page for configuration, which is challenging to implement.
- Security of the Cloud-based Applications: With digital transformation in full swing, companies leverage corporate data centers or the cloud to run their applications. Various office locations run with different sizes operate on multiple connection types such as purely internet, MPLS, Hybrid, etc. Each of these has its specific security requirements based on how and where the data is being accessed.
- Entire Traffic is Transported to HQ via Centralized Security Stack: Enterprises may have almost little to no control of their network policies. Resultantly, all the traffic from branch sites and guest sites may be transferred to the HQ causing significant delays in application delivery and increasing the traffic between sites. This may also lead to disruptions and business discontinuity, harming the organization's reputation.
- Capacity of Security Stack: Cybersecurity is a massive investment with significant consequences for the tiniest mistakes. Building an optimal security stack requires you to balance residual risks with a total cost of ownership of the cybersecurity stack with minimal downtime. However, in today's security landscape, each additional layer's incremental contribution to risk reduction has an exponentially diminishing return in an already overwhelmed and expensive stack.
- The increased digitization and cloud adoption pace bring new capacity requirements to the security stack between the corporate and internet networks. Due to increased video streaming, connections to applications (like M365, SAP-Hana, sf.com) create additional and long-lasting concurrent sessions which negatively affect security stack capacity performance.
- Adjusting to New Normal of Remote Working: Remote operations bring huge capacity planning challenges for networks. The global pandemic outbreak has created the largest remote workforce introducing a complete change in how employees work and how companies manage their workforce. This massive shift reinforced the need for managed network providers to ensure a seamless user experience without compromising vital organization data. This requires efforts to extend high-end security features such as MFA and end-point device management.
How SD-WAN from Telekom Solves Your Significant Challenges?
Combining networking and security under one single channel, SD-WAN from Telekom offers a wide range of services that address each security challenge faced by today's enterprise:
- Significant cost-savings with the efficient project managed and eliminating unsynchronized deliveries.
- Security-by-design as the security concerns are addressed at the level of network architecture design.
- Cutting-edge management capabilities enabled by DT experts and a centralized dashboard that provides visibility across all network and security aspects.
- Robust security policies without overlapping areas of gaps specifically addressing customer needs. These policies are updated to all the applications simultaneously while DT experts ensure up-to-the-minute patches.
- High-end flexibility because security features are either separate appliances or virtual functions added to the existing appliance, allowing enterprises to modify security features as per the branch requirements without additional CAPEX or box delivery.
- With digital transformation efforts in the organization, traffic out of the local networks and into the network increases manifolds. SD-WAN allows easier management of this traffic while establishing a firmly secure infrastructure, thus boosting the security capacity and effectiveness. Key areas that are impacted include:
- Traffic for each application level is addressed separately with adequate policies.
- Workers have the same security level as they have in the office, regardless of their work location.
- Internet traffic generated by end-users (web, cloud-based apps like M365, sf.com and more) can be offloaded from the LAN network at the branch level without significant investment into infrastructure.
- It is easier to add break-out points to local branches that generate backhaul traffic since router security can be adjusted according to the current requirements.
- Local branch internet break-outs decrease the HQ networks' load and save capacity on the central security stack infrastructure.
- Rapid increase in the number of remote workers does not need an immediate upgrade of the central VPN concentrator as the platform directs traffic always to the closest branch with internet break-out point so whole traffic is inspected with the same policy as in the office.
- SD-WAN network segmentation allows benefiting from the Zero-trust concept where the administrator can apply security features between different departments or segments of the network and significantly limit risk exposure even in case one of the networks is compromised.
- Adding local break-out points with security features offloads central infrastructure for VPN concentrators as well as the size of the central security stack.
- Reducing complexity in delivery security features in local internet break-out points (often two different platforms had to be managed before due to capacity/functionality differences between HQ and branches)
Stay Ahead on Your Enterprise Network Security Infrastructure with Telekom SD-WAN
Telekom SD-WAN combines extensive security, advanced networking, full-featured SD-WAN, genuine multitenancy, and sophisticated analytics via the cloud, on-premises, or a blended combination of both to meet all requirements of small to big enterprises. Our secure SD-WAN is available through our on-premises platform hosted in Telekom data centers, enabling us to provide highly secure and reliable performance for our global clients. Our key offerings address your challenges and ensure your organizational goals are met. Some of the reasons that our customers choose us to include:
- Cybersecurity embedded into network solutions from the highly trusted network and security player.
- Managed by experienced technical experts with good visibility into a lot of best practices worked out with previous customers.
- Ease of further enhancing security by adding SASE (based on the same vendor) or connecting SD-WAN security logs to managed by DT Security Operations Center, which enhances detection and speed of incident response.
Do you have any questions for us or want to explore more? Reach out to our team right away by filling the form on the page!
Leave a comment
Your e-mail address will not be published. Required fields are marked *